Mission, Goals & Objectives
The mission of NAGE is to represent the collective interests of organizations and groups that provide health professions education in geriatrics and gerontology in the United States. NAGE is dedicated to improving the education/training, supply, distribution, diversity and quality of health care professionals; ultimately to improve the quality of health care for all older adults, including underserved and minority groups.
The goals of the corporation are:
- To provide a forum that brings together representatives of member organizations to enhance the national NAGE network.
- Facilitate the development and distribution of professional educational and technical assistance materials to the NAGE membership.
- Provide a mechanism for policy development and dissemination to external audiences regarding the mission, goals and impact of geriatric education programs.
- Facilitate collaboration with other organizations or partners that have an interest in issues related to health care education in geriatrics and gerontology.
- To provide an organization to serve as a voice for the goals and interests of all organizations and groups who provide education in geriatrics and gerontology.
- To facilitate the interactions of the different organizations with each other.
- To provide guidance to the United States Public Health Service and other organizations in the development of programs to enhance the education of health care practitioners and others.
- To educate Congress about necessary priorities in geriatric education.
- To provide an organization that will work with other interest groups in geriatrics and gerontology to enhance opportunities for the education of health care practitioners in geriatrics and gerontology.
- To disseminate information in the field of geriatric education. Serve as a voice to promote the goals and interests of all groups providing education in geriatrics and gerontology.